Saturday 26 November 2011

Celebrating 30th Stylee

So, you may have noticed that it was my 30th birthday recently! I thought about going away somewhere but decided it was all too much hassle so me and the boyfriend went to London for the day.

Christmas windows
First stop was Selfridges to check out their Xmas windows. Bit disappointing this year compared to last years colourful displays. All the shops in London seem to have gone for an all white, winter wonderland theme which just looks a bit dull if you ask me!

Selfridges' Xmas windows




See? Not the most fascinating of designs......It's hard to find a focal point when it's all white!

Then we had a yummy lunch in Bella Italia (I had the spaghetti and meatballs, as usual...)
From there we got the tube to Harrods. Their windows were slightly more interesting - I think there was a promotion going on with Swarovski so it was all very glittery.







Xmas windows at Harrods using Swarovski crystals.

Afternoon Tea At Harvey Nichols:

Picnic afternoon tea at Harvey Nichols.



After a good look around at Harrods, we went to Harvey Nichols for afternoon tea. For £18 you get 3 rounds of finger sandwiches, 2 scones with cream and jam, 2 petit four cakes, a pot of tea and a Bellini cocktail.
Which is pretty reasonable I think! We shared one and ordered another pot of tea.

Overall, I was disappointed with Harvey Nichols this year as they have changed their gifts and lifestyle floor into another women's fashion floor. Which means it's pretty much five floors of women's fashion.....


Birthday Presents!
I got some great presents for my birthday: An Archos 7 Internet tablet, An Olympus vr310 camera, some Laurent Perrier champagne, a Swarovski crystal necklace and some other little bits.


My new Archos tablet.


Purse from River Island


The case I made for my tablet.

I was also lucky enough to get another birthday cake! This one is chocolate and raspberry and was made by my stepmum. By the time you read this, we will have eaten it all...



Well, that's all for now. Let me know if you want a tutorial on how to make a 7" tablet case. The one above is a little bit big so I'm just finishing a slightly smaller one.

Have you put up your Christmas tree yet? I'm doing mine this weekend....

No comments: