Friday 13 July 2012

Guilty pleasures and hair envy

From schoee.blogspot.com via google images

Hello! I'll just quickly let you know that that wasn't my only bad day this week....the day after my whinging, I bent my engagement ring!!! Major sad face. I will have to take it to the jewellers on Sunday and maybe not wear it to work (although that's where I spend 90% of my time - boo hiss.)

Anywayz, my house mate is out and I'm enjoying the peace and quiet with a little You Tube time. I have some major hair envy going on at the moment - Instagram, Pinterest and You Tube are all fuelling my jealousys (is that a word?) Jealousies?

I've been growing my hair for a while now (last cut - 3 months ago ) but it seems to be stuck at a certain length. Only these "hairspirations" are making me persevere!

This is where the guilty pleasure comes in......I think teenagers have the best hair. I LOVE  those huge, side swept fringes (bangs!) that they have going on! Their hair is glossy and big and messy. I may be 30 but I feel a definite need for huge hair. That's where You Tube provides the inspiration. Just type in "easy back to school hairstyles" and there is a plethora of skinny (mostly American) girls with massive hair and cute, little faces. And they know how to do make up too!

I was NOT glamorous at school. My school was strict about everything so I doubt I would have been allowed big hair and tons of slap. And now I'm just a bit too old to pull it off. Bad times.

Check out this girls video - her braces are so cute!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=XZvCHOov7mg

Do you have hair envy? Or do you get bored, cut it all off and then cry? That's never happened to me.....



No comments: